Health related technology is constantly updated and new trials and solutions appear regularly.
Recent Alzheimers News
- Alzheimers/dementia care expert to discuss patient care in Slidell program
A dementia care expert will discuss caring for persons with dementia on March 26 in Slidell. The program is open to the public. Kim Warchol, a dementia care consultant, will present "Creating Better Lives for Persons with Alzheimers/Dementia'' during a...
- A breakthrough for alzheimers and dementia (video)
An Australian research team now has evidence that could change Alzheimers and dementia treatment around the world. They've found it begins in our hearts, not our brains, and there's some advice about how to delay its onset or even stop in altogether
- Cycling World Champion rides for dementia
Cycling World Champion and Commonwealth Games medallist Eddie Dawkins is swapping his bike for a Harley-Davidson this week and leading a motorcycle rally to raise awareness of dementia.
- Biogen's Alzheimers Drug Exceeds (or Meets) Expectations, Depending on Your View
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (TheStreet) -- The magnitude by which Biogen Idec's experimental drug BIIB037 reduced amyloid plaques in the brain and slowed cognitive decline in mild Alzheimer's patients matched or exceeded investor expectations, depending on how those expectations are measured. Let's get right to the headline numbers from the phase I study data presented Friday morning: On the Clinical ...
- Former TV Host B. Smith Opens Up About Alzheimers: "I Am Fighting Right Now"
“I had tears in my eyes. But at the same time I also said, ‘I’m not going to give to it. I am going to fight.’”
- Memory care branch of Berne Village shut down by state
The Alzheimers and memory care portion of the Courtyard at Berne Village has been shut down by the state, a public relations source for the assisted living center confirmed Sunday.
- Healthwatch: Alzheimer’s Drug
As many as five million Americans age 65 and older suffer with Alzheimers disease. Now researchers in New York are testing a drug that could be the first new treatment for the debilitating brain disease in a decade. 80 year old Judy Hirsch can remember 30 years of family vacations but at times struggles to […]
- Did Jolie’s preventative surgery increase the risk of Alzheimers?
University of Illinois at Chicago’s Dr. Pauline Maki noted a statistic that women who have their ovaries removed before age 49 have a 70 percent increased risk of developing Alzheimer’s.
- Research and Markets: Alzheimer's Disease Pipeline Highlights 2014-2017
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Alzheimer's Disease Pipeline Highlights - 2015" report to the
- Golf club raises £8k for Alzheimers Society
A golf club in Wheathamsptead hit a top score for Alzheimer's last week.